Páginas

Monday, August 16, 2010

Poor Zappa

I read old posts on this blog and much has changed in my life since the first post in 2004.

I still enjoy writing. Very.

I also said that the rock is gone. Well, at least for me, I do not enjoy rock'n'roll today.

And still looking for a reason to continue writing this blog, or whatever.

But, thinking well, some things never change. What does not change is my love of writing and, as taste is taste, I can say that as time passes, I forgot the things that I wrote and then when I reread them, generally I like what I produce. You know, I'm my most loyal reader.

Thinking about it, I strongly recommend you read my writings, because they are good. I know they are good because I'm a picky reader, and when I read someone text mine, old and forgotten, I like what I read. It's only reason I recommend my text to everyone.

But Zappa was reminded twice these days, though I no longer heard him.

He was remembered by me when I saw three dvds with their shows and movies that I knew existed, but until then I did not know were available in Brazil. All thanks to ... FNAC.

Marketers say that a satisfied customer speaks well of a company for just three people, while a dissatisfied customer tells a bad company for thirty-three other people. This alleged data about consumer behavior may be true, but I refuse to be part of it. So, speak well about the companies and products that please me, and nothing about that disappoint me.
 
Oh, that I necessarily leads me to my another blog (that, that, that's right, I had another blog lost out there yet), related to our consumerist habits, which I baptized Consumers!

He, the blog, was born ... but he died. Stillborn. But I talking about him after. Now, talk about Zappa.

Well, the second time that Zappa was remembered today was in the Saraiva Bookstore(yes, I live in bookstores!).

As time passed, I saw great book, of art, with fine finish, titled Too Young To Die, or something. It was about celebrities from different fields who have made fame and died earlier than normal.


It is a tragic book, and I and my wife saw him with a mixture of curiosity and sadness.

Not coincidentally, the book was organized in alphabetical order. Thus, the last name on the list was ... yes, with the letter Z. Frank Zappa died of prostate cancer at age 52.

Mr. Zappa, I can no longer be in a good rock stage, but I admire him, and you will live forever in the gallery of the great who died early, too early, too early, leaving a bitter and sad void... Lennon, Callas, Elvis, Cobain, Zappa, Michael, Diana, Mercury ... the list goes on.

Here is my recognition and gratitude for all these people have existed and worked hard at what they set out to do and be, leaving a legacy that time will not erase. This blog salutes them!

No comments:

Post a Comment