Páginas

Monday, August 16, 2010

The fate of the blogs

I have questioned the reason for the existence of blogs since a long time, and although did not reach a definitive conclusion, arrived at least to some partial conclusions.

A blog can be used for a wide variety of  interest. Now, one thing is certain: it is very difficult to find time and energy to keep up more than a single blog. Keeping two blogs requires a damned determination, and in addition, with three or more blogs, you sure do not keep any of them based on date.


Thinking about it, I decided to give a stop in my stuck blogs.

But that's not all.

One thing I learned is that writing a blog is difficult, but even harder is to make it popular. A blog, however updated it is, is no match in terms of attractiveness like a MSN or MySpace, Facebook or a news portal,  like UOL or IG. People just come to a blog by chance, then find it cool and move on. There is no reason for someone to be faithful to a blog, unless it is specialized in any subject. But this specialization is another tricky thing that deserves to be well studied.

As always thought blogs confusing, though attractive, I decided to buy a book of an American author named Hugh Hewitt. His book is "Blog - understand the revolution that will change your world." Ah, to not lose the habit, it is good to remember and recommend: bought it for a pittance in the book section of Wal Mart.

Well, I read the whole book and learned a lot of interesting things to comment here in future, but doubts remain yet.

Just know that I gradually putting an end in my old blogs, posting here what's left of them and simplifying my life.

Useless Philosophy, and Alternatives Theories and Clorofiles already ended. Now, there is, well ... let me see ... I must have another four or five lost blogs and sites out there.
 
By the way, before blogs we had to make do things with dry sites, which we created in raw html, or with FrontPage.

Well, my first site was Metamorphose. It was a site with thousands of jokes and some comic texts that I invented, a littlemuzzy, but in the air until today. On second thought, they are already in the air too long. Soon, I'll post here some of Metamorphose' jokes  and over time, give an end to it too.

I think the fate of the blogs to serve as a dumping ground for old sites and old ideas. I think it's a good use, though.

So let the jokes...

No comments:

Post a Comment