Páginas

Saturday, June 4, 2011

Italian Renaissance and Shopping Malls

I'm with sleep messed up, again. I have plenty of time so I'm doing some things that I like. Reading too much, sleeping too much and playing on the Internet.

I am also trying to put order in my ideas, many of them expressed in this blog. I'm making a huge mind map of things I have written here. I just want to see how it goes.

Off to sleep, I went to Saraiva bookstore in the Santa Ursula Mall, here in Ribeirão. I go there almost every day.

With time to spare, I took two big books very interesting. The first about the Italian Renaissance architecture. Dozens, hundreds of pictures of fantastic palaces, castles, churches and monasteries. Unfortunately it was an expensive book and the pictures were all black and white.
 
Then I saw another book about design of shops in malls around the main cities of the world. This time things colorful and beautiful. Worth the price, which was also expensive.

Why all this interest in design and architecture?

Well, because I was a professional artist for seven long years, the time I was in our nostalgic Brazilian Air Force.

Of course, I was just a designer with very little technical knowledge of architectural drawing and design. But for a while now, because without the commitment to have the design as a profession, I liked what even I got not start learning in the Air Force. Oil painting, art history, architecture, sculpture, finally, a set of knowledge that now seems delicious. Sad is not possible to take advantage of some of that knowledge today.

In fact, I would need to be giving way to earn much money, because that's what really matters. It is painful to say this, but it's my reality today.
 
One thing that my mind map has appointed me is that my interests change. Today this, tomorrow that, and I follow through the life, doing nothing whole, nothing complete, nothing valuable. Only insignificant snacking on things that arouse my frivolous interest.

Oh, I act as if I'll live a thousand years!

No comments:

Post a Comment