Páginas

Wednesday, July 14, 2004

What forbids me...

What forbids me to do what I need to do?

"Be careful only to youself and nobody else. We bring our worst enemies inside us."

Charles Spurgeon. I do not know who he is, but I know who was Frank Sinatra, I'm hearing now, a wonderful duet with a woman also surnamed Sinatra. Nancy Sinatra is her name. Does your wife? His daughter? I do not know, but the duet is wonderful. As Frank was lucky to have a voice so beautiful and is so charismatic. He died in his ninety-eight years with an Amish beard worthy of Abraham Lincoln. Great, this Frank Sinatra!

But back to Spurgeon, who I do not know who is or was, but he makes a forceful warning against our internal weaknesses. But this is not new. The famous 'watch and pray without ceasing' Biblical is nothing more than a warning to be vigilant with ourselves and our thoughts, and not only that: we need a helping for us to succeed. She, the Bible does not say just to watch, but asks that we pray to God. I mean, watching is not enough.
In fact, we are volatile as leaves in the wind.
Walking through a crowd around a bus stop, in a urban bus station, I could see how everyone is able to focus on their daily problems. They embark at all costs. They squeeze themselves like sardines, because they have to move on with their lives. They have to get to the job, or at school or at home, at all costs, and nothing thwarts it. They can not lose precious minutes waiting for a bus less crowded. They are stubborn. Where is the volatility in this?
It's they are obstinate for the wrong goals. Easy targets are almost always wrong targets. Right targets, yes, are difficult and require patience and strength. So, the mob on the buses are not concentrated?
No. They're just moving on.

And my goals? Are they difficult? Require much concentration and willpower?

And Sinatra? He sang so naturally ... where was there stress in your life? It appears he to have lived as a feather, singing, dancing and making love for decades, as anyone ... Really? Am I mistaken, or he faced the addiction of drinking? I do not know, but other lives always seems easier. I also wanted mine could look easy ...
Indeed, it seems ...
But is not.
This does not mean I'm not struggling to make it really light and beautiful like a Sinatra' live. No, I will not become a singer, though not a bad idea. Fate no rewarded me with a beautiful voice like Frank. But I'll go ahead anyway. I'm going, as he says, making my way, and, who knows, when I have my ninety-eight years, I can say, like him, 'I made ​​my way', or 'I did my way ".. .
I know it will not be easy, but I'll make it look like it was ...

Yes, it is my way...

No comments:

Post a Comment