Páginas

Sunday, July 18, 2004

Them or us

Or better: "Them or us". This Frank Zappa cd is just great.

Before I thought the "You are what you is" be the craziest, but this "Them or us", from 1984, is pretty cool. It has some great songs. For example: the first, "The Closer You Are," is a 50s beebop, perfect. The second, "In France," is a joke. The singer is kind of stuttering, it seems that I can see his face, his teeth forward. The third, "Ya Hozna" is very, very bizarre. The sound is heavy, a very good guitar, but the voice is from another world. A macabre set of voices singing something in reverse rotation. A storm from hell. And, of course, the seventh, "Stevie's spanking," where Stevie Vai (pronounced 'ai' like 'i') simply explodes on guitar. But not only: it has a great "Frogs with dirty little lips" and all the other nine, a total of fifteen great songs. I recommend!
I've been putting Money in order. I know I'm capable to do difficult things, but this is only a proof of my potential. I'm really good, when I decide to be. I will get everything I want, because I know how to control myself.
I did not sleep this night, and I'm writing when I should be sleeping. I'm hungry and have a headache, but it's obvious! I'm pushing it.

I'm reading "Finite and Infinite Games." Is life really a game? Who knows? But I can not read much this book. Money takes all the time.
I bought a rubber dumbbell with a garish orange color, and with a Beep-Beep inside, to BJ, my dog, my black german shepherd. He becomes crazy with the toy. BJ is a good dog. Black dog ...
It's it. I bought a soul music hits cd, very cheap, and other with hits of Ella Fitzgerald, and other with sounds of rain, everyone here at Extra Supermarket, in Goiânia, Brazil. But after I comment on what I thought about them.
Now I go to sleep, listening to my digital rain ....

No comments:

Post a Comment