Páginas

Monday, June 7, 2004

General: A lot of things - part 1

Message of the day:

"Wisdom is the understanding of self and world. Neither can be ignored "
Miroslav Holub

Who is Miroslav Holub? Again, I do not know who he is, but I know where I got the phrase: from a Reader's Digest magazine. I think it is a good attempt to define what is wisdom, though it is not a complete definition. But then it is asking too much.

What I'm doing? I am listening to Creed and Evanescence too much. How come I can't knew Evanescence before?

As I said in my last post, I've been thinking a lot about sleep and dreams. I'm trying to put in order my sleep. It is difficult, but I am struggling.

About precognitive dreams, I want to remind, as a memory, my dreams that I had about tornadoes, like those which devastate Los Angeles in the movie "The Day After Tomorrow". It was very, very coincidental. I had seen lots of tornadoes rocking a big city in my dreams. Exactly like in the movie. Of course, my dream was crazier and cooler than the movie, but that is another story. Believe it!

Another very strange dream was one I had about 25 years ago, about a very strange cemetery on a hill. I had a feeling of deja vu when I was in Joinville City (Santa Catarina State, Brazil) in early 2004. Who knows Joinville should knows that in this town has a cemetery on a hill inside the city. It is almost surreal. And I dreamed of something very, very similar to the Joinville's cemetery when I was five, six years old. I had never even heard about Joinville. At that time I lived in Tujuguaba village, in São Paulo State, and we had no TV at home yet.

Another coincidence: talking to my brother, he informed me about our cousin, who had a recent heart attack and was not feeling well. I had spent all day thinking about this older cousin. I dreamed about him. In the dream, I hugged him lovingly, and my brother hugged him together. I found it a very strange dream, and could not understand the affection I felt for this my cousin, which we have never had, my brother and I, a great intimacy, because my cousin is older than us. Then everything gained an air of premonition with the news of his health.
And my brother, who became father in those days, dreamed he was on the back of a friend's motorcycle who he did not see from a long time, who lives in Limeira city, in São Paulo State. When my brother's son was born, a few days ago, for a fortuity reason he, the baby, came to be born in Limeira, and my brother, as  another accident of fate, suddenly found himself really on the back of his friend's motorcycle with whom he had dreamed some time before. My brother reported that mysterious sense of deja vu accompanying these strange coincidences. Premonitory dreams?

Continued on next topic ...

No comments:

Post a Comment