Páginas

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Space is not enough in the world


I am struggling with a problem that I thought it would be trite, but it is: a lack of physical and virtual space.

The lack of physical space is obvious. We are paying an absurd rent in an apartment not too big and it's crowded. Many things, many books.

I thought, moreover, certain that I could replace paper books for digital books. It seems that a single flash drive the size of a finger can hold my entire library that occupies an entire room, correct?

But not quite.

Indeed, the pen drive can contain the entire library, but if I lose the flash drive? Then I lost my entire library.

So, I have several flash drives.

Sure, but where I'll read the books ?

I read on the screen of my PC. So, my computer, where there is much more space that a pen drive, may well have a copy of all my library, right?

Not so much.

I bought my computer about five years. At the time he had a 80-gigabyte hard drive. At the time I thought it was an absurd place. But it was not.

Today, there is little space in it. Somewhere around 15 gigs. It is a small space, because the operation of the micro starts to get slow, it takes time to find things. It is distressing to know with so little leeway.

Then we have another serious problem.

A disk of 80 gigs with 65 gigs in use can not have a copy on a USB drive. I need an external hard drive.

Then has more. Copy 65 gigabytes of information to wherever place takes a long time, and can not be done every day. And then, what's so important in these 65 gigs?

I do not know, but every day my 80 gigas HD looks smaller and more crowded.

This lack of digital space takes time and leaves me spellbound.

We'll talk about it much on this blog, you can be sure.

No comments:

Post a Comment