Páginas

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Management and Ecology: the confluence of the waters


I graduated in Business Administration. Therefore, I am a trained professional in the field of economics, which is a branch of social sciences.

As a good scholar, a good reader, a good curious, I always thought that one time or another in my life I had to face the dark field of knowledge called Philosophy.

I have not studied Philosophy during the time when I attended college administration. So if I wanted to learn something about Philosophy I should be on my own.

So over the years, I was buying and reading books of Philosophy.

Oops! I must not lie. I was actually trying to ... just trying to read books of Philosophy.



Reading a book is one thing, to understand a particular subject is quite another. Soon I begin to understand some rudiments of Philosophy, not for lack of reading, not for lack of time, nor the intelligence, that I consider reasonable. Is that the issue is thorny and I even picked out a few books very hard. But worth the effort.

Fusion was made ​​between Administration and Philosophy.

Now, I thought I could start writing something about the Administration, but what?

So I bought a book about Ecology. After all, I thought that everything that my little Ecological Agenda 1999 said it seemed a tremendously silly.



I do not know. I always had this impression. There are some things in life that can not convince me that things are really genuine. It is always the impression that they are scams, frauds, lies and attempts to deceive us. That sounds like a kind of nose for conspiracy theories. And that's it. I'll talk more about conspiracy theories at another time, but the idea was it. Ecology has always seemed a scam, a big lie.

So with the book of Ecology in hand, I went ahead. But I do not went from the first page.

Already in the first paragraph the author, an icon in the business, promptly announces that Ecology and Economics are sciences whose names share a common origin, ie, the echo of Greek origin, meaning house, home, and are sciences that should be interrelated, but are not.

Ready! I found a seam, a niche, a research opportunity, to deepen.



And what did I do? I joined Administration with Philosophy and began to think something like Philosophy of Administration. Then I decided to philosophize about the connection between economics and ecology.

This set of confluences has not happened in almost anything. I mean, things are always more difficult than I imagine. I bring up to now only three confused short texts and some draft with some pertinent questions.

But as I said, philosophical issues are complex things. Even a small phrase can contain much hidden things.

As I said, the texts are available on Scribd, but they deserve a more detailed attention here.

Welcome to the world of Transadministration.

No comments:

Post a Comment