Páginas

Monday, April 7, 2008

Perseverance and blographies

Thinking about blogs, I think if a person wanted to write the story of her life, she could use a blog?

I think not, unless readers begin reading about life in the direction opposite to the clock. I don't know if there are blogs that allow organizing the posts in order of oldest to newest, so that anyone start reading the older things and then come to the newest. But that's the way should be read any biography.


Okay, we can write the other way, but it would be no cool. Then there are always stories to be inserted between one period and another in a time line, because our biographies are formed based on our memories and our memory does not work exactly in chronological order. Then suddenly I remember a cool story that happened back in time, but the blog does not allow me to put a new story in the middle of the old, because he, the blog, is tied to a different concept of time.
Another interesting thing I've been doing has been visiting blogs of people in UOL, using the criteria of categories such as economics, hobbies, family and others. In fact, nobody cares to sort your blogs correctly. And then, as I imagined, few people put more than a dozen messages.

Blogging requires patience, perseverance and content.


I think I'll risk creating my biography as a site. Although it is technically more difficult, one site is more flexible than a blog.

By the way, here's a cool product to work in the web. A blog suitable for biographies. Something like Blografies.

Cool!


No comments:

Post a Comment