Páginas

Thursday, April 3, 2008

The Day of the Lion

There was no way. I spent the day curled up with the reading old news, with the payment of bills, and finally hit the front with him, the brazilian Lion of Income Tax (lion is the animal-symbol of the greed of the Brazilian government for taxes).

This time, I have not had to shell out anything, but I will have a meager restitution.

It is not easy to stand firm today.

Anyway, I still relatively lively. Just been stubborn, I will open a dozen more blogs about any and every kind of subject that I like a lot, because this is my business.

By the way, I open one about safetyDefend Yourself!
 
Actually, I just put links and safety tips that I myself do not forget that I can handle myself, but anyway, it costs nothing to share with others this type of information.

I also thought about doing another blog about health tips, but I thought better and gave up the idea, because in this case, I'm not in the health area and talk about what you do not know very well is risky and can harm people unwittingly .

So I set myself on issues that I like, such as computer, internet, business, flying saucers and ghosts.

Speaking about computers, I managed a remarkable feat: I  repair my Outlook 2000.

It is curious how a simple computer program that everyone has and uses can disrupt our lives.

The story goes like this ...
 
I bought a new PC with Windows Vista. But I use Office 2000. So, whenever I would do anything in Outlook 2000, how to create a new task, I received an error message that idiot talking about the lack of Wab.dll.

I tried to find a way, but as I always do, I went to Google in search of the same or similar problems.

I typed "wab Outlook 2000 error".

No wonder that Google is swallowing the world. He searched in Portuguese, as commanded, but seems to have understood the problem, so that also showed a response with one or two links in English.

Moral of the story: I do not find anything that resolves the error on sites in Portuguese. But I found a forum in English and a guy, Rollin, gave some hints. It was fast and easy. I copied two files from one folder to another, I copied and pasted two registry commands on the command line of the Start menu and go. The Outlook was round.

Now, two interesting things.

First, that an English prep school I attended for almost two years now is making a difference. Not that I embowel all in English, but what I learned is useful today.

And second, that American kids can have their problems, and everything else, but it seems that in Brazil there is no one really knows computing in depth as required by the market need. Brazilian kids can be good playing video games and hacking counters visits in famous sites, but to solve important things I do not see any progress.

But no matter.

What counts is that the lion is dead this year.

Or not?



No comments:

Post a Comment