Páginas

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Super 8 and the best of worlds

After getting curious about the poster of Super 8 film, I researched a little about what would and, well, it was a Spielberg movie, talked about a train that derailed and something like an alien that would follow.

Ready. That was enough for me. I love things about extraterrestrials.

The movie hit theaters yesterday and I went watch it.

My wife was disappointed. I, yes too, I can not deny, but not quite. Let's look at why.


In fact the alien spider-shaped (ops!, should not say anything about the rest of the film not to frustrate the expectations of those who have not watched!) Is only a secondary character. What is cool, and this is clear in the movie all the time, is that something is happening in 1979 and it was before the digital age. It is a flood of nostalgia and it's pretty cool.

My wife lived her youth and adolescence in the '90s, so could not miss a walkman or firecrackers and made ​​models of trains for kids. But I, yes. I also made ​​my models so I understood the message of the film.



Yes, kids today are missing something important when it ceases to do many of the older things we did.

On the other hand, the kids of today enjoy certain things that we'd love to enjoy when we were kids. Who would not want to have Internet and video games like today?

So, I concluded, the best of worlds, perhaps, would be a combination of the two best times. Yes, powerful gaming, but also cool places, cool activities, which currently do not have and not do anymore. I doubt very much that the kids today would dare to record a video like the kids in the movie, or do things that we, I, my brothers and our friends, we would in real life.



What we did?

Oh, a lot. Nothing that looks like what a kid does today.

We were terrible!

No comments:

Post a Comment