Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Entropy and creaking cars


I try to be productive, but it is not easy.

Yesterday I spent all day running from shop to shop to solve minor problems in my car, which is not new, nor perfect.

First, yesterday, a flaccid sound and squeaks in the tire front right. Flat tire? We stopped at a gas station and calibrate the tire. But the noise continued.

Untied cap? Could be. I avoid, but eventually end up rubbing the tires on the curb, in the rush to get out of the way in the crowded streets of the modern world, where there is one car for every two human beings.



I take the hubcap and the noise decreases, but not at all. I look for a mechanic the next day. And so I do. I go to the first store. Change all caps. Then go to one second store and change a light bulb. Then I go to a third store, and we have stirred the suspension, the exhaust, but nothing. The creaking continues. Let's go, because it is night. We tried a fourth store at a mall, and there they try a fourth way, and say the problem is over, but we're leaving at ten o'clock at night and the damn creaking continues.

In the meantime, I could have made ​​great strides in a lot of important areas of my life, but did not.

Taking care of the car is urgent.



But is it important? Now, all the textbooks about time management are clear: we must distinguish the important from the urgent. I say that the manuals need a little more depth. This distinction simply did not work yesterday.

It did not work because life is not easy.

There is not a single administration manual that talks about entropy. And the manuals do not talk because this is not a concept of social sciences, but sciences of nature, physics, more appropriately.



But without understanding the entropy, it is difficult to understand that we must pass floss daily, as we keep our cars safe, but not let us save the world.

Only the entropy explains the continuity of life requires effort, much effort.

If administrators and economists knew more about the concept of entropy, life could be better.

Urgent things are important. Are urgent precisely because they are important!

Or not?

No comments:

Post a Comment