Páginas

Sunday, May 30, 2004

General: Help me I'm a rock!

Message of the day:

"Help me I'm a rock"

Frank Zappa

This is it: I decided to rename the blog from Metamorphose to Master Flow, because, after all, is more related to the kind of subject that I've been writing. And Metamorphose has nothing related. It means nothing.

I watched some movies in last weekend. The first of all was in Telecine Channel, in Net, a cable TV. Mothman, or The Prophecy, in Brazil, with Richard Gere.

It's a movie that deals with interesting things. I'd watched the movie before, but, anyway, it made me perceive details which I had not perceived in others two previous times I had watched it. It deserves a full separate post. I promise that one day I'll talk more about this movie and its implications.

Another movie I watched is The Day After Tomorrow. Very nice, with great effects, although with some inevitable cliches. Some comments are appropriated in respect to the military world, the political world and the scientific world. The military aspect of the movie made me see a second strategic role for the military paraphernalia of the world. The political aspect left in the mouth a taste of naivety come from the First World. The Mexico border would never be closed as occurs in the movie if an eventuality forced Americans course in mass to the South. Certainly things would be politically very different. And the scientific aspect, apart from the obvious issue of time taken in the process, suggest me a second chance for the climate model, and could also generate a great movie in the future: imagine the weather does not cool off, but turned it up, until 60, 70 degrees Celcius in few weeks? How does a movie like this would unfold? It would certainly be quite fascinating to watch. But all these ideas deserve to be discussed and developed.

Of course, I also dreamed with a fabulous group of helicopters rented for geological exploration companies. A show of aircraft design. Only a 3D software could shows what I saw while I slept.

This is it.

My message of the day:

"Without being updated, a blog is like an old newspaper we usually see on the counters of grocery stores, except that we can not wrap meat in it"
Rosenvaldo Simões de Souza


No comments:

Post a Comment