Páginas

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Rock seventies

Yesterday I had the opportunity to buy a DVD in Americanas Stores here in Ribeirão Preto, in Santa Ursula Mall. I say this because I write this blog not only to the world, but for me too, to after a few years I can remember I had a life like any other, and not only labor and sorrow. Yesterday, just to confirm, I did not suffer one bit. It was a normal day.

I bought a DVD with 70s rock. There were big names of which I had heard and even knew a few songs, but never seen on video.

Black Sabbath, who had heard something.

Kiss, that I love, with the classic "Rock and roll all night".

Deep Purple, I've seen live in Goiânia.



Slade, with "Cum on feel the noize", that I had heard  long time ago.

Grand Funk Railroad, who had never heard nor seen.

Lynyrd Skynyrd, with the classic "Sweet Home Alabama", which I love, had seen the video and knew the lyrics perfectly.

T. Rex, who I had heard talking about, but never seen nor heard.

MC5, ditto.



David Bowie, who knew the legendary in '70s, but only heard and saw in the '80s, and a little bore, by the way.

Suzi Quatro, I knew nothing.

Alice Cooper, like Bowie, but way cooler.

Peter Frampton, that I love, with "Show me the way."

Talking Heads, with their typical nonsense over the '80s to '70s.

And finally Ramones, who knew in the '80s.

You know what? I thought the look of  everyone the cornier thing  in the world, but in same time the most authentic thing in the world, while the most chic thing in the world.



And the sound?

Kiss is a show, it's fantastic and are eternal.

I loved Lynyrd review, and as the backing vocals are beautiful!

Black Sabbath is really a classic, as well as Deep Purple with their basic guitars.

I loved the old fashioned Slade. The singer looks like a werewolf. But it's a nice guy, singing a lot and music is very great. It is shocking to see the mismatch between powerful sound and  naive and innocent visual. What a deal! I loved Slade!



And I loved listening to Frampton again. Since my seven, eight years I've heard their music. They are in everywhere. He sold millions, broke all sales records at the time and was "the guy". Then disappeared from the scene. He was a legend.

I see Rick Sambora from Bon Jovi and remember that weird tube, the talk box, and no denying it: rock inspired by Frampton, and the best. No extremes of Radicalism, of Puritanism, of Satanism. Only a good sound to take a road, to enjoy the energy and lift the mood. Rock's it.

Long Live Peter Frampton.

No comments:

Post a Comment