Páginas

Saturday, July 23, 2011

Nice to meet you, I'm your intranet ...


Hello, nice to meet you, I'm your intranet ...

With a sweet smile, so it presents to the world my personal intranet. It sounds chic and sophisticated?

As well, an intranet?

Oh, that's a nerd thing. Ah, this is also something of a writer.

Yes, I have a small intranet, a site of my own, where I put in order a lot of things. My intranet is a strong competitor against this blog, because not everything I write I have interest in disclosing to the world immediately. Rather, the idea cooking on low heat over the months on my personal PC, to then go have a presence in the online world.



It is the evolution of concepts. First, we write with paper and pencil, then with pen, then with typewriters, and then we went to the computer. On the computer, we start from DOS Edit (at least I start ...) to Notepad, then to the World, then to Internet pages. So everything must end in an HTML format in somewhere site. And when it got cool and we want to do something more beautiful and definitive, we use PDF files. This is the cycle.

Thus, people typically use the World doc files to keep your things more or less organized, but nothing like an intranet controlled by the Front Page to be really professional.

Now, to the facts.



My intranet gives me some work. It is important, but it takes time and requires some mental effort to be organized.

She is not versatile in terms of organization such as Outlook, which we have explained here, but it allows a clearly very important.

I have a routine of life, and I also have a routine in front of my computer.

We can not live without the internet. So often we sit in front of the PC and then open our browsers, for news of the world in general. Today, for example, the main story is about the terrorist attack in Oslo, Norway.



Then we go to any other sites. I, in particular, use Microsoft Internet Explorer. He has a favorite links bar. My favorites sites are arranged in sequence in my window. First, I enter the site of UOL, to read news. Then go to Google and read more news. Then take a look at Orkut, and Facebook.

This is where that enter the intranet.

I could spend hours browsing through thousands of interesting pages, but what my duties and obligations?

They are forgotten in Outlook, which is not an application for the internet. So what I thought? I thought about using my intranet as a reminder to take care of my things in Outlook. So, after seeing my favorite sites, I go from the Facebook link to my intranet link.



My intranet just gives me the warning: take care of your routines, open Outlook, do a backup, consider the millions of pending little tasks  that promised to yourself realize.

And finally, when I'm not happy with something on my intranet, just one click and add or edit a page directly to the Front Page.

This is a good routine.

Then, there is this blog. But no matter. What matters is that we can not live without computers, we can no longer live navigating as if we were live a thousand years and we can not miss the millions of resources that provide us with all these technologies. If I can be more efficient and responsible with use of my time through technology, that is.



My intranet, then, is there, ready to remember everything.

Gradually, we know her better.

No comments:

Post a Comment