Páginas

Monday, March 24, 2008

The moral of the story

I have a lot of stories to tell. I still have a lot of ideas to be thought, preached,  diffused. And have a lot of plans, all very good.

I have a lot of books with a lot of cool things to be discussed.

My stories and ideas are poor? I do not know. Perhaps they are, maybe not.

So why write them?

Because it feels good. For that reason alone.

But, if I do only what I think good, how I find time to do a thing what needs to be done, but it is not hot?

But what is not good?

What I nedd to do, but not like to do?
 

Finances?

But I like it!

What I dislike is the monopoly of a single vice.

Yes, I can admit that what I do constantly ends up being part of me as an addiction, even though the word "addiction" is not exactly appropriate, because it has a bad connotation. What is "habit" then.

My habits make me?

I do not know, but a habit that monopolizes all my time is not a good habit.

Only a habit that produces something valuable can have a monopoly of the time, but if the habit is to write, which valuable produces a history?

Sometimes, I think the best you can produce is a moral at the end.

But a mania must have a moral justification for its existence?

The stories that I write need a moral background that justifies them, as they are first written to satisfy my selfish compulsion to write? And if they have no moral background? What is the problem?

A moral background is just a gimmick for the readers?

What sin in writing for pleasure?

I read "Alice in Wonderland."

I will not go away talking about this book, but the theme of morality necessarily lead me to it.

There are between their characters an ugly Duchess lives trying to find a moral to each story.

I can not tell if the author, Lewis Carol, had someone in mind when he created this character. In this case, it was the opposite: the addiction was not the stories without morals, but the search for a moral obligatory. A story without a moral was not a story.

I do not know if facts need a moral at the end.

Some things just happen, but we can't draw any kind of lesson from them. They are mundane or amazing by themselves.

Moral of the story: stories need not be moral.

This conclusion brings me a very suspicious relief and sounds like a sign saying "smoking is good for health."

Would you believe in an announcement like this?


No comments:

Post a Comment