Páginas

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Awakening to the present

Have you ever suddenly realize that you live in a world where things are easier than you think?

It may sound like not, but life is easier today than yesterday, at least in some respects.

When I started writing some texts, as a teenager, he used pen and paper.

I still use, but then I have a fucking job to type everything on your PC. It is double work.

Now, I use the PC, but there was a time I used a typewriter.

Yeah, I know to type properly. I took a typing class in an ancient Remington machine. My teacher has already died a long time. Today, neither the place of the school exist. It was in 1984.

But when I decided to use a PC, was a revolution. Who ever typed some text in the Edit, from DOS?

Not? Neither knows what is the Edit?

Yes, it is a long time that nobody uses more Edit, but everyone uses Notepad, or Wordpad, do not use?

But the good thing is Word, starting with Word 7, Word 97, Word 2000, Word 2003 and Word 2007 now. I stopped in Word 2000 and I think it's more than enough.

And you know why? An Office suite costs just 500 dollars in Brazil. That's why ...

But there is a huge gap between writing and publishing.
 
Yes, I published in 1996, when the Internet was in diapers.

And now, it's so easy! How many people affordable! A wealth of communication and distribution channels! How many audience!

I need just overcome laziness. This time, I blame laziness,changing the standard excuse: lack of time.

I hate cliches, and 'lack of time' already bored.

Laziness? Me?

No.

Is it lack of time, and to hell who does not like the buzzwords.

With you, it, the machine which I learned typing.


No comments:

Post a Comment