Páginas

Monday, February 25, 2008

Why use an agenda?

I started using a agenda in 1999.

What is an agenda, exactly?

Basically, it's a notebook with some facilities, but like any notebook, your goal is to receive notes that deserve to be remembered. We do not need to write down things, but is always best to note them, because we do not have a reliable memory. The fact that we can forget things like names, phone numbers, dates and appointments is not a triviality. Forgetfulness is a strong indication that our brain does not contain an excessive mass of information for a long time. Hence the importance of writing as an extension of our memory. We think, remember, note, and then forget safely, because we just need to open the schedule and our memory is instantly recovered.

But in what moment of my life in particular I had awareness that I needed an agenda?

Because until then, I'd survived quite well without one, and millions of people continue to survive without their. There was some fact that has induced me to use a calendar? Or I come to the conclusion that I needed a paper extension of my memory based only on my conjectures and experience?

Who or what influenced me? How great was my need to record information on a piece of paper at the time of my life?

Original date of creation of this text: Saturday, September 17, 2005 18:49:39

No comments:

Post a Comment