Páginas

Monday, February 25, 2008

Building the future from the past

There is a phrase that struck me in a profound way:

"To plan your future seriously, it is necessary to understand and evaluate your past"This phrase was coined by Og Mandino, in his book "The University of Success".

Evaluate the past is a concept that recalls Freud, psychoanalysis, children's trauma and developmental stages with strong sexual connotations, an approach of human being which I do not like, although I not a psychologist. But, in general, for some time that sentence made ​​sense. Of course I now do not take it so seriously, but it was the basis for serious efforts I have done since I read it.


Seeking to understand the past, I began rummaging through forgotten things, characters already killed, remembrances and written memoirs. I do not know if this trip to the self-museum served for a good planning to the future, but the tour made ​​me realize that the past worths by its own, regardless of the utility that may have as support for future planning.

Where starts my past?
The question has no clear answer, but in search for answers, I inevitably come to a period of time prior to my existence.

I was born in 1970, but my past is remote. Until where memories are still preserved, my past begins in the nineteenth century ...

May no longer be the case for believing that should build a future based on the past, but it seems to me that is no longer possible to live without first reconstructing the past from the ruins left over in the minds which are slowly fading .

Reconstructing the past is to fight for the light is not extinguished.

It is, therefore, a worthy and honorable task to be performed.

No comments:

Post a Comment