Páginas

Thursday, October 14, 2010

I love airplanes

I said I wrote many letters from the time I left home when I was seventeen and went to the barracks.

Yes, I went to the Brazilian Air Force.

I loved airplanes.

I still love airplanes.

I can not say exactly what happened to my life that led me away from them as a profession, since I left the Air Force in 1995. I do not know what led me to reconnect them, but I can not but admit that I love airplanes.

I also loved the wars. I did not understand, I could not understand, I was really too young, too naive, too raw to understand intellectually the wars as they really are, so loved militarism in general. I loved everything about studying World War II, about the Vietnam War and especially the Falklands War.

It's a long story.

I was twelve years old when the Falklands War broke out. It was this war that I had contacted all about militarism. Hence wanting to be military was a leap. I ended up being one of them, but something went wrong along the way and the dream faded quickly.

Today, I do not believe in war. I study them with great curiosity, but I do not see them as a deed of glory, but made of pain and suffering, and do not wish to be wars carried out or extended, or planned, nor romanticized. Wars are all bad, without exception.
 
But airplanes are a separate story. Whether civilian or military aircraft, are magnificent machines.

Interestingly, I have no desire to fly. Or like simulation games.

I do not know, but there is something interesting in my interest in stories of war and aviation technology. Indeed, at one time I loved astronautics, space race, rockets and satellites, spaceships and probes. I dreamed of being an astronaut, like all boys have dreamed one day.


But that dream has passed. As life goes on!

Now, I'm a bureaucrat, a government official, a accommodated, a cynical and skeptical. I am a sort of mulch stripped of illusions.

But the letters show that I has been different.

And the piles of magazines prove that loved aviation aircraft more intensively.

If only I had become a mechanical engineer, but no.

I ended up became a business administrator. A businessman who insists on bureaucracy, without faith, or heat, or hopes.

Why follow our life so strange directions?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment