Páginas

Monday, July 30, 2007

Buying time

If there is something I appreciate, is the time.
But it was not always so. There was a time I did not understand the brevity of life. Thinking as I think today, I was as naive, and I also see how many billions of people do not realize this fate: the time is short, very short. Too short ...
I try to enjoy the time, but it is scarce. Not that I have a lot of things to do. Yes, it is true, but even the few things elected to be made ​​primarily require more time than we imagine it would take before the choose to do.

The day is short: I sleep eight hours, and work another eight hours. I spend another hour in traffic and another hour for meals. I shower and go to the bathroom, and is done: remaining four, five hours at most.

I can not sleep less. If I could, I would sleep even more. Sleep's quality of life. So the secret of life is not working eight hours a day. But how?
One idea is to make lots of money, and then stop working, living from income.
But what chance we have to make lots of money and then stop, winning with it nine or ten free hours more per day?

I do not know, but this question is the center of my thoughts recently. If I want to do more than I've been doing, I need time. But first I need to buy it. Money, then, means freedom.
Until I gain a few million and I retire, I live with my work, stealing bits of time between a little job and another, like a bureaucratic rat, a small saboteur of the system, which insists on doing more than it should, but not exactly what the system needs.

Ah! I have to do something that compensates for this small crime, but what?



No comments:

Post a Comment