Páginas

Friday, May 28, 2004

What this blog is and what it is not ...

I think that I have written a second text for this blog is already an advance... many blogs, I think, do not go beyond a dozen posts for a week or two at most, and then they are abandoned. I also had one in the IG site and I literally continued it not beyond the first posting. So why to have another? And anyway, what is exactly a blog?

Going on by parts: why to have a blog? Of course, the question refers only to me. Everyone can has his blog to put whatever is wanted, but why would I, Rosenvaldo, need a blog? It depends on what is exactly a blog, and then we go to the second question: ultimately, what is even a blog?

First, to not lose the opportunity, I'm listening to "Cradle Rock", played by an unknown band called The Heartbreakers, who flourished - flourished is a way of speaking that the ancient Greeks used to refer to people they did not know exactly when they were born, but they had a moment of glory in their lives about to be remembered - in short, a band that I believe that flourished in California  in the 50th in the last century. It means some kind of bee-bop style... and the music Cradle Rock is a great ballad... who that want to know where to find, just look in the bookstores for a Frank Zappa's CD called Cucamonga... something rare and fine ... But, what is a blog?


The first thought that comes is that it is a sort of online diary. A diary that the owner uses to tell the world his daily hardships and adventures.

The second idea is that it is a kind of personal page, except that it is much easier to do and we do not need to know any HTML code.

The third idea is that it is a personal forum where the owner puts texts to visitors opine.

The fourth idea is that it is an online book, that the owner uses to go on adding new pieces every day, until it is complete, at his taste.

The fifth idea, a little more exotic, is that it is a online notebook, and serves more as an electronic file that the owner keeps in some server in some place outside your home, to those his memories are preserved for posterity.

Each idea has its merits and demerits, and I still do not know what I'll do with this my blog, but this text is a start yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment