Páginas

Friday, May 28, 2004

General - what I mean by 'general'?

Message of the day:
"The Universe is made of stories, not of atoms"
Muriel Rukeyser

Who is Muriel Rukeyser? I don't know yet, but I promise I'll find a way to know who is. It is a matter of education. Anyway, we will talk more about the use of messages from famous people and the implications behind this costume.

But what the mean of this 'general' in the title of this post? Well, explain it is the reason for this post ...

In previous posts, I considered the various modes that a blog can be used.

I thought better about it and realized that I want to use my blog in at least four different ways.

The first way in which I intend to use this blog is to talk about general things that I think, but without any more organized aspect. It is the blog as a forum of generalities, or a column of a newspaper dedicated to amenities, comments, explanations like this, ultimately, the texts written in this way will be texts belonging to a section called General.

Thus, this explains the 'general' in the title of this post.

The second way in which I intend to use this blog is like a memoir. That's right, an online record of my memories from the time of the caves to today.

Why?

Because I think my life is unique in experiences, as well as all life is unique, but how much worth to have  lived unique things if I don't share these experiences with anyone? And then, since I can use this blog as a time capsule, I will use it, because I want to be immortalized in the world of bits. I want that in a thousand years in the future people might know who was Rosenvaldo. Because otherwise, I will be forgotten, and the idea of ​​being forgotten upsets me greatly. I think the fact that the death exist is a drug, but more sad is to die and be forgotten. If physical death is not enough, we run the risk of dying in memory of the time. So. I think this blog can and should be my time capsule.

All right, you don't need to read anything that has relation with my memories. Who knows someday in the future a lightning burn Google's servers and no one has a copy of my memories in some HD Backup. Done, goodbye, Rosenvaldo... it will be my second death, my digital death, but that's all right, we do not need to worry about it for now...

People's memories are vast. My memories will be subdivided - incredible as it sounds bureaucratic! - in Genealogy and homeland, and five thematic memories. Then it will be better explained.

This blog will also have a third section called Agenda 99.

Why? What does it mean?

This section is intended to - and it also sounds very bureaucratic ... - aims to move to a digital and public environment things wish I have recorded in my paper agenda that I bought to use as a normal schedule in 1999, but started to use it as a notebook of ideas and a lot of things that I think deserve to go public to be discussed.

Of course, as I go coping through the items on the paper agenda to the blog, one day I end up coping all of it, and then I will not have why to have this section. It will have only historical value, as well as the paper agenda. By the way, it, the paper agenda of 1999, is to be filled soon. A few days more and it will be completely packed with stuff. So, I have a lot to do with it.


But if it fills up, where I will write my new ideas?

No, I will not buy a new 2005 agenda.

Of course, I'll have to write down my ideas where I can put my hands more quickly, because ideas come to mind anywhere, anytime, and I can not afford to lose an idea, however odd it might be. Then I will write it down on some piece of dirty paper and then move on it to my famous and versatile White Board - in capital letters, because it henceforth becomes an important person to the world, and deserves to be treated with the respect it deserves - , to then after I copy the idea now clean to, that's right, this dear blog, but not anywhere.

My new ideas from a certain point will go to this blog under the control of a section called Essays. That's right, my ideas come to light as soon as they come out of the oven. I mean, as soon as they come out of my head, they will go first to our friend White Board, then to a Word file, where they will be lapidated, and then they will come to this blog, to be submitted to the scrutiny of the universe, to become hardened and sharp as foils, or die, under the rubble of unsustainable arguments crumbled by lack of organized reasoning.

Of course, each essay will be themed properly, because the ideas are many, and varied, and I will weave my mental cobwebs over a wide range of themes, from the simplest to the most profound, not always, obviously, with the same firmness and conviction. But no matter the strength of the arguments, they will come under the command of the section Essays.

This is it, all explained, except the "Message of the day", which comes to the fore, after the title, but before the text itself.

Messages are beautiful.

When it come in the beginning of a text, whether in a book or in a blog, it give a classic air to what comes next. Like those big letters in gothic style, called chaptulars, which appear in the first word of every chapter in literary books. These letters, extremely ornate, are like a kind of breath that comes before anyone starts a long speech. The initial messages are it. They have the power to enchant anything where appear, since these are relevant to the subject.

I'll try to be creative with my messages.

But make no mistake. I'll put my own posts, in the end, because I also feel that I can contribute with my modest ability and mastery. If the initial messages are the sigh at the beginning of a speech, my final messages will be a sigh of relief, surprise or, who knows, of boredom. It does not matter. They will be the last breath of each post. That's it.

I try no escape the theme, and if possible, make by my way messages like those opening sentences of famous personalities. Anyway, they, my sentences, will always come at the end. Matter of modesty, and not that they are the last things to be said. No, they are not closing remarks. They are trial balloons. Maybe pleasing, maybe not. If they proliferate, as well, but if not, so they not proliferate. But if they proliferate, do not forget to quote this author, because I am also flesh, bone, and ego.

I've never seen anything being mentioned about me by anyone before, and I think if one day I see a sentence in any place whatever, that has not been raised by myself, even in a dirty truck fender, I think I'll feel accomplished. I never received this award before, but before I never wrote any kind of sentence. So, how do expect to be awarded if I have no bet before?

Now, I decided to bet ...

My message of the day:
"The stories of our lives are our guarantee of eternity"
Rosenvaldo Simões de Souza

No comments:

Post a Comment