Páginas

Thursday, June 3, 2004

General: The ills of technology

Message of the day:

Our knowledge destroy us. Drunk us with the power it give us. The only salvation lies in the wisdom

Will Durant

Who is Will Durant?

Ah! I know him. I have two fabulous books of this great American writer. A good idea is, instead of talking about the man, we just go to the official website made in his memory and in memory of his great work. Just go to Will Durant and see who he was and what he wrote. Searching in Google, I typed "Will Durant" and found for pages only in Portuguese. The majority of founded pages bring his name linked to his quotations, phrases like this above I put in the message of the day, phrases extracted from his delightful books of Philosophy and History. I'm rereading one of his most important books, "The Mansions of Philosophy". The sentence above comes immediately in the introduction, and it makes sense in this moment, because I have reason to fear the power of knowledge.

Anyway, the time marches forward, always, and in the meantime, I upgraded my PC and installed Internet Explorer 6. Thereafter, I tried to give a better finishing in this blog, from the aesthetic point of view, but the possibilities are so great that, if I do not restrain myself to the above sentence, from the wise Will Durant, I would now be penetrated at sites about XML and related things, trying to catch up new ways to make beautiful pages, when in fact, my most important job, which is write the contents of this blogis to be done for lack of time.

I have been greatly disturbed in my sleep time. There are days that I sleep less, two, three hours a day at most, and there are days that I sleep too much, twelve, thirteen, fifteen hours straight. This is simply unacceptable, so I decided to buy a book about the problem. We'll see if things will improve.

My brother is a father now, and I, a uncle. It is memorable. A new and powerful living being is added to our world.  I hope he is everything that he might in goodness and greatness.

I have thought about precognitive dreams. And I thought about politics, and airplanes.

To tell the truth, this blog does not contain the whole set of things that I thought. Therefore, I will make my personal webpage, where I will can write freely. And this blog will be a kind of newspaper, where I will put links to my writings. I have much to write. I have a lot of things to think about and to do. I have to make time for everything, and I can not go through life asleep or yawning. More, I can not go through life decorating blogs, just because that's what everyone does. I'm not a graphic designer or creator of sites. I'm sure the UOL website think well about it before it create these templates for users, and if a blog is not made to be practical, it would not be useful. It, in fact, is practical, unless we decide change it visually every day. There is just a little problem with it:  I would like to make backups of all my texts on my hard drive, and then it would be helpful if it had something like a process of exporting text from blog to my hard drive, as it has from the hard drive to blog. But okay, I'll live without it.

What matters is the content.

Let's go ahead.

My message of the day:

I do not know yet what exactly is wisdom. If I knew, I would be a wise man

Rosenvaldo Simões de Souza

No comments:

Post a Comment